Mother Goose Time Preschool Curriculum

We are all really excited here at my home. We will be starting to use the Mother Goose Time preschool curriculum. I hope you will join and enjoy our learning adventures with us. We will be blogging often so come back soon to see how we are growing and how we are learning about the world around us.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Review: If You Were Me and Lived in...Colonial America


Summer Reading Fun

I was very excited about receiving this book. I have been looking for fun, historical books for my children to read. Wanted them to understand and learn American History this year, along with ancient and world history.
This story follows a boy from England to Plymouth Rock, and what happens to him and his family. The wording sounds more like first person like, "You are a boy and this is what you did, ate, wore...." The pictures are drawn like a cartoon. Some are nice and bright, but a few are darker, brown and black colors as background.
You will also find a glossary of terms along with a page of pictures and descriptions of famous people of that time and place. Which is helpful when ask "Mom...What is jerkin?" or any other like term.
This is a great book to give the general overview of that time period. If my children want to learn more in depth then we can then advance to more in depth history. I would recommend this to 6-9 year old children, but can be used to older children also. My eight year old really enjoyed the story and learning what it would be like to be a child then. She is asking me for some more in this series.
In fact her are her words about it. "I like the history and I read it and it feels like I am in the story, watching my brother work with dad building our house. The story just sucks me into it."

You can find this product on here on  Amazon (I am NOT being compensated for you clicking on this link or making a purchase)
I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment